20 June, 2006

less hair

today i took the visitors to the train station just so they would not get lost on the way, plus needed to go downtown. i decided it was finally time to get my hair cut, it was long and hot. i got the haircut place where i saw the sign said 4.99 (a good deal i think) and took a waiting seat. it was early so i was the only one waiting at the time, during my cut 4 others came in. but anyway, there was a poster of my normal haircut and i said like that. and i was told i would need to have my hair washed first, thus raising the price to 12.90. no thanks. for some reason the guy could cut my hair shorter, but not longer??? figure that one out. but i got it short, which is ok i guess. less heat trapped and more wind to the scalp.
after that i went to my favorite baker. i think i will come downtown to get my bread from now on. there are more choices, its cheaper, and better. plus so many other good things to eat.

everything soccer...
after that it was class time. nothing to entertaining. we got some homework though, and i have to have my exact research question by next week.
then it was off to bike. my helmet needed to be tighten 4 notches, thats how much hair i had.
after 30 minutes i was feeling pretty good, so i did 30 sec. sprints for a bit. then was at the hill i wanted to be at. and i did it as fast as possible. my HR monitor was working once in a while here, and the highest i saw before it quite totally was 98%, that was right before i sprinted for the top. so i red lined it today. then a bit later i did some more 30 sec sprints. all of it felt good, and i recovered quickly. so a good hard workout.
on the hill it felt almost like i was in the shower from sweat dripping down my face. i think my long hair was acting like a towel and soaking up all the sweat, handy. but it feels good with less hair.

got home. made jerked chicken for dinner. it was really good. much better than the other 2 times, i think because i used orange juice like one is supposed to, instead of water. much better. then i ate a crate of strawberries, now time to prepare for my presentation on bikes tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You realize we are expecting you to cook for us when you get home.