18 May, 2008

A good investment.

This week has been a fairly good training week. Thursday the highlight, nearly calm winds, 75 degrees, absolutely wonderful. In addition to it being nice The Ghost ripped my legs off on a hill repeat session.

I also rode lots of this over the week.
It got dusty at some points.

Friday I picked up my new TT bike. I traded Ben at the shop frames, he really liked the De Rosa (which I picked up not long ago), and he had a TT frame he has been trying to get rid of for awhile. I said hey lets trade. We are both happy now.
The El Go Go is wanting to go...

The bike came just in time. Today I had two races. The first was the bike section of the Olaf Triathlon. I got a fast girl swimmer, and a fast guy runner. I have not heard the results yet, but things look promising. We may have even set some records.
For that I had 13 or so miles of open rode to cover, an early estimate is just under 30 minutes, but the heart rate strap was being weird so I don't know if it recorded right.
As soon as I finished that (and finished fixing a flat that appeared right after the finish) and cooling down a bit, I hoped in the car and went up to the TT at Blackdog Rd. A good training run for Wednesday. That race went alright, I was a bit gassed from the morning, and last night...But I made it hurt and my official time was 15:40. Slower then it needs to be, but again, I was not at all fresh. Hopefully I can take a good chunk of time off with preparing properly. Anyhow, it looks like I am getting good use out of my investment in the TT bike.

Oh, and for school I am under the 1 km banner and the chase group is 5 minutes back. I just have to enjoy the remainder and finish up.

No comments: