26 February, 2006

a bar and a bike ride

When I got to the Bühlers we ate and then I was told I was going to Rottweil to a party. It is carnival time which means lots of parties. Apparently carnival used to be a time when the people would drive out the demons that were around during winter, now it is just another excuse to party. So we (anne, her friends, and I) went to a bar in Rottweil that was just packed with drunken people dancing. it was interesting. We got back to the house at an early hour of 1. 45. and i went right to bed and then woke up the next morning at 1. 12 solid hours of sleep. I Then put my bike together and went for a bike ride. There is a nice hill i rode up and down last year that i went to. it is probably 200 meters higher than the surrounding area, and it is around 5 km of rd to get to the top. I did it twice. At the bottom there was not much snow at all, and the roads were dry. at the top the roads were all wet and there was a good 6 inches (at least) of snow. I did not know that little bit of elevation change made such a differance.
by the way there is not a whole lot of snow. patches here and there but nowhere near a solid covering. and the temp is around 2 c or 35-6 f.

No comments: