17 December, 2007

Collegiate CX

Today was finally the final day of the bike season. It has been a long season, I have been racing at least twice a month since the middle of April when I was in Germany. Whether it be biking or skiing, now it is time for a little break. In China!
The final race of the season was the collegiate national cx race. I was excited to race, and wanted to at least not get lapped. The course was very similar to yesterday with all the ruts and all, but there were a couple of sections that were nice and fast and not rutted. I really enjoyed those sections. I was feeling pretty good, but unfortunately I could not ride well in the ruts, at all.
I rode fast when I could and sucked most of the time. I made it until the last lap before getting pulled.
I had really wanted to finish, but I guess I just was not fast enough. Oh well...
Sean and I stayed around to watch the pro races. We commented on the attractiveness of the pro women, and simply watched the mens race. It was a good time. Hopefully I can find some race pictures soon. But until then...

After yesterdays race.
The waitress asked where Sean got his hair done. "My pillow," he answered. The she asked where he got it cut. Oh Kansas
LunchLinda Sone in the Elite womens race on the run up section.

Now, time for China! Who knows when I will post next, so don't hold your breath. Also have a good Holidays.

No comments: