01 June, 2009

Wind makes

things interesting. Unlike this blog...
Anyhow, Saturday was the circuit race out in East Union. A 9 mile lap, so really it was just a short road race. Along with it being short, it was a NVGP qualifier, which means lots of fast people show up. Combine all this and you have a recipe for going fast. For me it was a relatively uneventful race, I tried to ride smart, conserve energy, and be ready to go either in the sprint or when a big move went. Things stayed together, so for most of the race I was just trying not to be killed. With the wind it was sketch balls the entire time. On the last lap with a crosswind a bunch of people came together and something hit my wheel (no one crashed though), and the next time I looked down my wheel was wobbly and my bars not straight. But my bike stayed in one piece and like everyone else spun out in the sprint for 8th. Those downhill with the wind sprints are so entertaining.
Hopefully I can pull off another decent race at the State Fair Crit and get into NVGP. That is the goal at least.
Last night I also signed up for Grandma's Marathon, the whole thing. So that should make for and interesting Saturday...

Also sign up now. Make my life easier.

1 comment:

Stormspandies said...

I will volunteer if you want.