10 September, 2010

The weather

I have become increasing intrigued by weather in general over the past few months, why I am not sure but it sure is cool. Someday I'll learn more about it.
I however, am able to read the incredibly complicated gadget called "radar." All those pretty colors...

Yes, snow. Yes, already.

So far this year the seasons have changed very abruptly. Winter turned to spring in all of about 4 hours, and so far summer has turned to fall in approximately 6. I kinda like it, no limbo. As long as no bitter cold and barren snowless waste land come, I am very pleased actually.

The other day I even took to researching some weather folk lore. A few I already knew, other no idea, here are a few good ones to keep on tap. So far I've noticed these are all indeed often true, remember these well...

Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor's take warning.

When the wind is blowing in the North

No fisherman should set forth,

When the wind is blowing in the East,

'Tis not fit for man nor beast,
When the wind is blowing in the South

It brings the food over the fish's mouth,

When the wind is blowing in the West,

That is when the fishing's best!

Seagull, seagull sit on the sand, it's never good weather when your on land

For you land lovers...

A cow with its tail to the West makes the weather best,

A cow with its tail to the East makes the weather least


If clouds move against the wind, rain will follow.



No comments: