21 April, 2006

interesting

another beautiful day today. lucky me. first i went up to the uni and was going to talk to the professor who does the biking class. but he was not there. however i found a sheet and put my name on it. i also say where the class "excursion" goes. the place is called Engadin. and it is somewhere in switzerland. near St. Moritz i believe. after that i went downtown and got to talk to a guy who rides his bike. and got word to meet on the swiss border at 1:30. then i went and asked about a job at a baker. they needed help, but since i will only be here for 3 more months and the training period is around 6 weeks he said that it would not be worth it for either of us. to bad. he needed workers too...
then i went home got ready to bike. got to the border 5 min early, saw a bike go across. then tried myself. buuuuuttttt. today just happen to be my lucky day and there were some gaurds out. after seeing a bunch of people go across without ids being check i tried. and of course i got check. and of course i did not have my passport. so i waited to see if they might bike in germany. but i think they did not. so i tried to quick get my passport and get back down but it took me a good 25 min. so the riders were gone when i got back. stupid stupid me. but i went across anyway and the same guy checked me and went through my passport a good 2 or 3 times nice and slow, im sure just to piss me off. after that experience i took off towards the hills. after going up one that was surprising long and steep for what i thought it was going to be i got to a high point and was able to look out over a nice valley with some good looking hills on the other side.

swiss roads
i went to the bottom of the valley and decided to turn around and save my energy for tomorrow in case there is a long ride (i contacted the shop guy a few min. ago, 11 at the border, i wont miss it this time.)
and that was my day.
oh i nearly forgot. one the bank clocks in switzerland said 27 degrees. thats 81 F....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jake.....Team Beat jerseys are here and they're very cool (ala Molteni).
Send me your address exactly as I should write it on a package so that I can get it into your hands ASAP. You know my email, no? I wish I could ride those roads with you though I'd be OTB in a heartbeat....maybe even that is flattering myself a bit. About 500 miles in the legs now and fitness is coming back nicely. Northfield several times with the Contented Cow as destination. Cheers.