16 April, 2008

Playing in the wind

Since last I posted many things have happened.
Thursday I picked up a new (old) TT bike from the bike team adviser Ron Gallas. Thanks to him for giving me a really good deal. Now I just need to find some races. Also thanks to Casper and Sone for helping me set it up nice and proper.
Thursday night my body decided to eject my stomach contents all night long. I hardly slept at all I was so busy, not a good night. So I got some forced rest, even though the weather was so crappy out that I probably would not have ridden much at all anyhow. (I did not take pictures of that, I don't think anyone would appreciate that very much.)
After some crappy weather and crappy stomach, Sunday brought about some sun. I took the chance and tried out the new ride. The positioning will definitely take some getting used to.
Soon after the ride I rolled on up I-35 to Duluth in order to be home for another muscle biospy Monday morning, and to get some new glasses because mine broke last week.
I had a delightful ride in Duluth, getting a chance to do some good hills. Then it was under the knife and back to Northfield.
Today I just wanted to ride, so as soon as class was over I took off into the 45 mph winds. It was so windy I could not be angry at it, simply entertained. Every gust kicked up all kinds of gravel and it felt like I was getting sandblasted. Then fighting the cross wind was tricky, especially with this new hole in my arm. With the wind was simply fast. It was so windy the power lines and road signs were whistling...

The new ride.
Snap.
Ahh...Duluth
Hillpeats here.
Snip snip, that is my left tricep in case you did not know, and pasty white torso (the flash makes it whiter...really.)

No comments: