17 May, 2009

Well that needs work.

First off bike racing is hard. Even harder when you forget...
Luckily Daniel Casper was there to save the day. His feet are relatively close to the same size and shape of my feet, so things at least functioned for the most part.
I do in fact know how I left the shoes at home, well actually work. Due to sleet last night I got a ride, and never crossed my mind that I forgot to change back into my bike shoes before leaving work, until I got to the race today, oops!

Anyhow, the wind greeted us all with a big gust at the TT was off.
As this was my first 40 K I really did not know what to expect. I just took off and settled in. Kept my heart rate at uncomfortably hard but not overdoing it. My legs just did not want to turn though. I am not really sure whether it is due to lack of TT bike practice or fatigue. But I am going with both right now. Either way, not any excuse for being slow, but fixable. I just kept plugging away and after way to long I finished. About 4-5 minutes back from where I believe I should be finishing, and am pretty sure I can finish.


After getting home I tinkered around with my position for a good hour, ranging from seat height to tires. Already much more comfortable.
However, my bike still does not look like this...

Zoom zoom.

Hopefully I can learn how to TT by Wednesday evening...

Also, buy my mountain bike.

No comments: