23 May, 2006

dad went biking.

yup thats right. without my encouragement either. he decided he wanted to, so that is what we did.
but first i got my race license this morning. very nice. credit card size with my picture and all on it. kinda cool. then i went to soc. and there was lots of talk about blogs today, so i was finally able to contribute a little bit. the prof. even liked what i had to say. then after that i got back and dad wanted to go to Reichnau (an island about 10km away) i said why go there when we could go to switzerland and have a good view of the lake and so he could see my biking valley. so i won and off we went. he got tired going up. which i guess is understandable and then had to go slow on the downhills as to not hurt himself by crashing on my crappy bike. but no worries he made it...it was in the end a perfect workout for me too. really really easy (avg. HR of 89) and close to two hours long. resting up for the race on thursday! wahoo.
now he is tired and wants to go to bed.
on the way home from the bike we stopped at the best buy type store and i got a case for the ipod so i wont crush it again.
this evening we went into town. got him some chocolate to bring home, went out to eat. we had fish and chips and beer and an irish pub. not bad at all. then ice cream at the little shop i go to.

one for mom

proof

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a fleeting moment, in the thumbnail on your blog, I could have sworn that Team Beat was getting an international showing... alas, it was a StO jersey. Not bad, but.....
Hey, hope your having a terrific time and try to get up a jpeg of that Kerouac kit....

Anonymous said...

I brought both jerseys to Konstanz and Jake liked the form fitting one which gives me a new jersey for replacement of my very old Pearl which Hillary has claimed, love the roundabouts of clothes as well as roads in europe.