23 February, 2007

Lets go ride a bike...

Yesterday was quite nice, nearly 50 out. So naturally I skipped skiing and rode my bike (good thing too, because the ski team said they skied in 2 inches of water). I started riding at 2ish did an hour 15 solo, during which it was warm enough that I did not need gloves! Then I came back to town and met up with some others to do a group ride. Mosty people went in a bit early to get an hour or so, but Brandon and I kept going and did just over 2. I felt quite good, very hungry at the end though...Last night a few of us bikers watch the Tour of Cali (ToC). Jens Voigt is great, all out attacks all the time. Thats my kinda rider!

Today it was unfourtunatley not quite as warm. Nevertheless I suited up and was off. Finn, Brandon and I met up with some townies and we went out on the northwest passage. Brandon apparently feeling good, so he kept picking it up. Being that I have no real need to do hard or tempo right now I just sat there and watched him do his own thing, unlike he said, he did not drop us. I (we) simply just let him do his own thing. Near the end it just happened that I responded to a jump by Brandon, which brought Finn along. Which led to a race of a few miles to the town line. It was pretty fun, a bit of rotating, a bunch of attacking. Finn tried more than us other two, but he was unable to lose us. Then on the last short uphill Brandon tried a little attack that failed miserably. Finn countered, then died. Then I went but did not get a gap, by then it was the sprint and as Brandon was nice and rested, and being a sprinter got the line.
Then tonight more ToC, not quite as fun to watch as yesterday, but not bad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.