12 February, 2007

Something not so familiar

but first a bit about yesterdays ski race.
The night before I picked up some van keys, we were supposed to have two vans but I thought nothing of it when I picked up the keys. Anyway in the morning after breakfast someone picked up the van, and it turned out to be a mini van with four seats. That was no good since we had to take 12 people. So we scrambled some cars, I came back to my house to pick up mine. Then since it was cold and had not been started in a while it of course did not start. So I had to call Public Saftey, who brough an uncharged battery pack. Therefore had to go back to their office and get a new one. Eventually it started and we left. Only an hour late. But we still made it on time to the race. During my ski of the course somehow I crossed my skis and fell, onto my pole. And of course this time it broke. Great start to the morning!
Also Friday, my computer broke. It wont turn on. Everything at once!

Anyways today the high temp was 25. I walked outside and started sweating. With this heat wave (25 degrees warmer then the last 2 weeks) I just had to go ride my bike. So that is exactly what I did. It felt great, until near the end. It turns out skiing has just knocked my climbing legs right out from under me. I was fine on the flats, but the hills were a lot harder then usual. I have not felt that weak on my bike for a long time. Although my cardio system is working quite nice. I must rebuild my legs. And soon!

No comments: