05 May, 2008

It's go time.

Saturday Sean went on up to St. Cloud to partake in the exceptionally windy Marty road race. For me it was pretty much final preparations for nationals which are this weekend.
The race was 72 miles of fun in the wind, with 2.6 laps left I got forced into the ditch, luckily for me (not for them) a couple of strong Grandstay guys had been gapped as well. After a brief chase where I saw the race drift away from me, we got working together. Turning with the wind I and 2 other put it down to try and bridge up. 100 meters from the back of the peloton I dropped my chain somehow, and watched as my companions caught the group. Until .75 of a lap left I was chasing hard with 4 others. Eventually we caught the peloton as a group of 7 had gotten away, and no one was chasing. The Ghost had been chasing with me the entire time, after resting up a bit in the pack and seeing nothing was going to happen, I told him I was going to go as soon as we got a tailwind and that he better be on my wheel.
Things happened just as I had said and the last few miles The Ghost and I spent drilling it home. I finished 8th overall, with after enjoying the ditch I thought my race was done for. Chasing so much was good I guess because it gave me the hard race situation of a break (without the glory) that I wanted, and needed to prepare for nationals.
Yesterday Sean's mom came up and we did some fast motor pacing, then I rode my bike some more. The rest of this week is just ride easy and sleep. It should be fun...

1 comment:

ghost said...

You can't transfer...your well timed attack demonstrated too much of the practical type of intelligence that just doesn't belong on the east side of town. Come to think of it, NooNoo demonstrates many of the same qualities. Maybe he should transfer over to your side. Oh that's right, he's not allowed...but that's another story, one I'm not entirely clear on.