24 July, 2008

Boats, Beer and Music

Tuesday evening brought the bands: Collective Soul, Blues Traveler, and Live to Duluth for an outdoor show down at Bayfront. The great thing about that venue is that it is outside. Not only does it make for a pretty area, but also gives the possibility of watching and listening free if you so desire. There are some things that I really like about Duluth, and being able to sit on the water and listen to good music is just one of them.

A couple of people from Ski Hut, and one of my friends made a nice little flotilla.

We were not the only ones floating (stage is the metal roof on the right side).
The Coast Guard was on patrol, luckily we did not get boarded like these people...
Gateway to open water.


In biking news, I broke my Madone's fork at some point. I have no idea when or how it happened. Yay for warranty...


The new ride is ready to go. It rides wonderfully. Incredibly stiff but not harsh, I am very pleased. Now I just have to get it adjusted right. With the same wheels as I had on my Trek (powertap included) this weighs 2 pounds less. Out of the box it was 15.4.

1 comment:

Sean Noonan said...

Collective Soul? Blue Traveler? Did you go back in time to see that concert?

My bike weighed less than that out of the box. And it won't break into pieces. Imagine if you had done that to a special ed fork....

I guess you need the special education without a job.

Oh, I made fun of some people on Ragbrai and they tried to fight me. I miss bike racing

love
sean