21 July, 2008

Shortly a break.

This bike season has been a long one. For the most part good, but very long. It is nearly time for a break. After the State Crit next weekend I will have my chance. Finally...
The week started off with the Doughboy coming up for a few days of bike practice. We found some hills and ice cream.
As the week progressed I was really looking forward to racing, but I sold the Madone bought a new bike on Friday instead. And with the high entry fee I was unable to afford riding in circles. Oh well. At the Northfield crit a few weeks back I felt great, the week following I went hard and long, and ever since then I have been tired, sore legs are not good for racing. However the strange thing is that even with my legs feeling totally shot, I can still pedal. Yesterday I rode my cross bike on single track for 3 hours. Then today I went out to hit up 40th Ave. West in Duluth and crushed my previous record by 57 seconds. I don't get it.
On the note of legs hurting, the results are in from the biopsy. I'll put something up when I know what they mean.

I also finally made it to the Lake, as did Tess and Hazel.
Into the Abyss?

On some other notes, I have had some very strong urges to go sailing and golfing. Maybe I'll get around to that during my break.

No comments: