08 October, 2008

Racing all over

No not geographically...
Saturdays race went like crap. Perhaps due to a late night with various activities and sleeping on a floor with no pad, or maybe I am just plain slow this year. I have not figured it out yet.
As I mentioned, crap. Not at any time during the race did I feel good, right from the start things did not feel right. My legs just did not want to turn over, my lungs and cardio never really felt like they were working. Just zero power.
I was not too impressed with the course, it was not bad, just not my kinda course, but the dirt jumps were lots of fun!

Saturday night I attended Ben Witts wedding, congratulations. I left early due to exhaustion, then rolled on over to Northfield and hung out with Daniel and Linda, and retired early to bed. Thanks to them for the use of a bed.

Sunday was off to Hudson.
As usual it was half single track, which I did not mind for the first time, and lots of mud. I felt much better then Saturday and things were going decently (besides being slow because I can't ride technically still). Any time lost on the trails I could gain no prob. on the beach run. I could close a gap of 20 meters no problem in the 100 meter run. Then I dropped my chain, then dropped it again. That cost me a few places needless to say...
Better luck next weekend.

Normally if I were racing this slow I would probably just wanna hang it up. But I am racing so up and down (see St. Cloud, Duluth, and these results) that I don't wanna be done yet. I know the speed is in me somewhere, I just have to figure out how to coax it out...

No comments: