11 November, 2008

People get to angry

calm down. Take a deep breath, drink some cocoa and get angry about things that actually matter, such as the price of cold weather clothing not some silly blog or message board.

Anyways,
Saturday.
Velodrome CX. Much much better then last year, my least favorite race award has already been given out, even without that, I don't think this race would get it this year. No garbage water!
Still to many turns, but they worked with what they had, and I still think we should ride in circles...
The race itself was not so good for me. I had my worst start of the year, and on that course there was little opportunity to move up until the field spread out which was much to late to matter. And for some reason I felt a bit sluggish, maybe it was the Arctic temps, but it just did not go so smoothly. I did better then last year though, all I had to do was finish!

If you look real close you can see the Velodrome in the distance.

Sunday
Lake Rebbecca CX
Same course as last year, which I find for the most part entertaining. When dry or packed, nice fast single track, however much of it was really slick mud for a good part of the race, which made things interesting.
My start would have been good, except I have enjoyed not using glasses in cross this year, thus the muddy gravel start was hard on my eyeballs. It took me a couple of laps to see clearly again.
After taking out a good portion of the field on the first run up due to slippery conditions I once again missed the lead group and spent the rest of the race chasing, of course to no avail but a 5th place.

The laziness of bike racers never ceases to amaze me. Is it really that inconvenient to drive 29 miles outside of the city? I wish people would drive to Duluth, the whole 150 miles, but not even driving 29 because it is out of the urban sprawl is getting pretty pathetic. The only people who I will listen to complain about driving are those who live in Moorhead, or further away then Duluth. Some of them even came to Duluth!


I hope they got some money in my races that paid out top 10 to men and 5 to women, the total purse being $600 both days! And know what is sad, I did not even end up paying out all the money (see above comments).
Hopefully this will generate some discussion, then my job is accomplished.

In the mean time, enjoy the cold and see you all next weekend!

1 comment:

Super Rookie said...

The race at the velodrome was only $20 and the net take home for the team wasn't much to write home about after donations, and expenditures were covered.

Perhaps in the future there will be a higher prize list, but it may take a bump in entry fee to cover this. I would be interested in hearing how much your expenditures were in Duluth compared to the metro area and see what kind of difference there is.

When I think about it...

$20. Bouncy thing. Raise money for the track. Trophies for the winners.

I think it is a good deal and skipping $100 in payout is a nice thing. If it goes to $25 in the future I would hope to think that there would be a 20% increase in the purse at the minimum.