29 December, 2008

I am a stud

fan now. I just bought a pair of studs for my bicycle and man are those things incredible. Ice is no longer my enemy but something I can tear around on like it is dry pavement. I had no idea they made such a big difference. Unfortunately the cost my a weeks worth of working, but I am told they will last 10 years, I guess that would make them worth it.

Zoom Zoom. Winter training here I come.

Shortly after the last post life got really quite busy. Between working at the Hut, my second home and taking all kinds of tests for EMT certification. I had zero time to train or even really just sit. Now that class has been successfully completed (feel safer when you come to my bike races, unless Daniel and Linda are there, then feel really really safe) I have more time to play.
Right before Christmas I got new downhill skis, boots, and all. Not normal downhill stuff, but rather Alpine Touring, meaning I can easily access any hill I damn well please. No need for lift tickets...One of my new play grounds, the depth does not show up too well, but it gets nice and steep.
Skiing fun.

I am pretty excited to go out and explore some more on the skis. Thursday calls for a trip up the shore for good views and deep snow.

No comments: