31 December, 2008

Ice galore

The last few weeks have seen, for the most part, cold temps and good winds. Some coming off the Lake. Thus down on Park Point there are some very large ice shelfs. With the discovery of how well studs work on icy trails, I decided to put them to the ultimate test of lake ice. Once I found the proper line, which happen to be right near the 4 foot drop off into the water, it was quite fast. Every once in awhile there would be big chunks of ice that I had the joy of just clawing right over.

My warm up.

Cool formations.

Studs worked so well I almost made it up a wall.

On the way back up the hill to my house I took some trails, and to my surprise was able to ride right up a snow covered stair case.
I kinda want to go do laps at a hockey rink now.

2 comments:

Meow said...

THAT'S IT!! I am getting studded tires!! Watch out peds walking around area lakes!!!! Mwahhahahaha!!!

Sean Noonan said...

of course you can a roll a skating rink or whatever.

but with you studs you cant do burn outs like a pro!!!