10 March, 2009

Finland

Celebrate life, not mourn death.

After recovery from the news of Hazel, it was time to enjoy Finland and my sisters wedding, which was the reason I came here in the first place.
The day after I arrived it was of to Koli, a national park not to far away. The slight elevation change causes build up of frost and snow on the trees, and then with little wind it stays. Quite pretty. Besides that Finland looks a whole lot like northern MN...

The fam +
Ski Trail
3 cents for 2 euros?
Skiing on the lake.
It was flat.
Throughout the week I did a whole lot of skiing, the roads were just to crappy for bike riding. That's ok though, it was a bit early for training camp, so the cross training will be helpful still.

This old man ran fast.
I did manage a bit of riding though...

Saturday was the wedding. A good time was had by all!
Then a mass exodus, hauling stuff around Finland.

A few days break of from travel, then to Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake, I love your new white saddle :-) It looks great. But, Specialized saddles are good to!