06 July, 2009

Northfield Crit and associated events

Huge thanks to everyone who helped out with the race this year. Especially Ben Witt of Milltown Cycles and Olivier Vrambout of The Bikery . Also to Northfield itself, the Witt Family, all the volunteers who came out, and all the racers for showing up. It was a great day.
Other information including results can be found here.

Not wanting to miss out on the action, I raced as well. I think I am starting to get some energy back in my legs. Definitely not where I was in early May, but much better then at NVGP. Now I just need to concentrate my energies into one move rather then a whole bunch of little worthless ones. Time to race smart again.
Besides that I had a good time during the race. It was nice and safe and decently fast, not that hard, but still fast enough to be a bike race!

Also thanks to the Casper/Sone house for putting on a kick ass after party.



After watching the fireworks, a couple of us had the urge to go put some holes in the ground. So on Sunday Ben, Ben's friend Curtis, Daniel, and I rolled up just north of Northfield with a small arsenal. Daniel and I rode bikes there, the others played convoy. For the next few hours we pumped the gravel put full of hot lead.

Daniel saw some bad guys, hopped off the bike and saved the day.
Then fended them off with one hand.

Helmets are always a good idea.

BOOOM!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bike Biathlon. We should do it. Doesn't Snowflake have a biathlon course?