13 July, 2009

Raspberry Festival

I have never found the real raspberries at the Hopkins Raspberry Festival. It is at least a month before they are ripe and for the picking, maybe they should change the name to strawberry festival or something that they can actually provide...
Despite not finding any fruit, there were quite a few figurative raspberries to be found after the races yesterday. A big field and flat fast course caused some problems in the 1/2 field. There were a couple of broken bikes, hopefully no bones, and lots of road rash. No fun.
Despite the crashes here and there the race was pretty fun. We were cruising right from the start and did not let up too often. There were all kinds of attacks, but nothing could stay away. I think the longest break was all of two laps. Instead of my usual dumb racing I tried to race at least somewhat intelligently, just covering attacks that no other teammates were in and generally just be ready to go if I needed too. I was feeling good coming into the finish, but a crash right in front of me on the final corner proved difficult to sprint around. Plus I was much further back then I had thought I was.



I need to sell my mountain bike still. I know someone out there wants it!
800 bucks for an S-Works, can't get any better then that.

No comments: