01 March, 2006

anne to ann...

Yesterday I left my "tour guide" anne in heidelberg and met my tour guide ann and the trainstation in Paderborn. The train ride was 4 hours long, and without my iPod was pretty boring. oh well what can ya do...getting the bike and luggage on the first train was not a hassle because the train car was built for bike, very nice...



bike car


Once i got here we (ann the tour guide) and i found my room, and got the keys and all that. here is a picture of the room, it is pretty small but i dont need a whole lot of space, and i have my own bathroom and shower which will be nice. The kitchen is next door and kinda dirty even though no one else is using it at this time. Since it is in between semesters right now there are not a whole lot of people on campus, thus i think i am the only one living on my floor...kinda lonely. i thought i heard someone this morning, but it turned out to be the cleaning lady.



yesterday after getting my room, we went around to different places at the uni. the one thing that did not get done was to get my sheets and blankets and such for the bed, luckly i had a sleeping bag.

I lucked out, ann the tour guides boyfriend just happens to be a biker. and he and some friends go on fridays. I talked with him today at lunch and he said they did more mt biking but go on the roads often as well. hopefully they are fast so i have to try and keep up. more fun that way. but i dont know if i will bike between now and then just cause i dont know my way around and Paderborn is not a small city (135 000). i dont really want to get lost.
i found a web cam of it http://towercam.uni-paderborn.de/ if you look below the main picture there is a strip on which you can click. look for the smoke stack on the leftish side, click about an inch to the right of that and you can see my apartment, it is more right of the other building that looks the same as it.

and finally, i think that the snow gods dislike me. everywhere i go the snow seems to follow, there was about an inch in heidelberg in the morning when i left, and it has been snowing the whole time since getting to paderborn. The gods are saying no bike for jake...
time to go to the reception for austauschschulers!

No comments: