29 March, 2006

an eventful day...

this morning i woke up a bit early. since i am out of ceral and nearly out of bread, i made some eggs and fried up a potatoe. then i studied just a little bit more for the test. got to class, thought about checking my email and decided that it would "interrupt" my german thoughts. and its a good thing i waited too! so i took the test, wasnt nearly as hard as i thought it might be. which was good. i hope i didnt pull my usual thought i aced it but made a bazillion dumb mistakes...
after the test i checked my email...and found out that father is unable to come and visit because of his newly broke wrist. he broke it so bad he needs surgery and metal bars. way to go dad, but terrible timing. just terrible. so that definatley interrupted my german thoughts. and i was pretty much zoned out for the rest of class. (the test only took an hour).
during the breaks of class i tried to get some "skypeout" credit so that i can call regular phones from skype, but for some reason i couldnt. since i am related to a conspiriacy theory mastermind i thought that maybe just maybe someone was playing tricks on me, and i wanted to talk to dad just to make sure...at lunch i talked to one of the other americans and found out that ALL incoming calls are free on my cell phone. and by all i mean all. thank you O2! so i called home to tell them to call me. and so that worked out quite nicely and talked to the whole family at 5 30 in the morning their time. oops! dang dayligh savings screws everything up (ive already changed my clocks). so i felt much better after that. then i SMSed anne bühler to tell her the news, and found out that both christoph and her will be at home this weekend. that made me feel better. i will have entertainment! haha. not that leo and vera are not entertaining, but ya know..
went for a bike. felt ok.
ate potatoes and sauce and hamburger for dinner, was good.
packed just about everything but my bike, for tomorrow my room gets inspected and i have to be ready to go...
then on the way to the internet i got a call from leo to talk about the massive change in plans. a good 5 min. conversation all in german, and i understood and did not have much trouble replying. horray! my german is better.
and that is my eventful day (in novel form).
sorry pictures dont work well when all important things are talking...

by the way. now that i know i get free incoming calls, feel free to call...just check the time to make sure im not sleeping....004917665962683
you just have to pay a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
Huge disappointment...

When we call from the US, we call 011 (international code rather than 00), then 49 and the rest of the number.

Thinking of you and checking for plane tickets and scheduling.