02 June, 2006

fahrrad kaiser

i was finally able to sleep in this morning. it was the latest i have slept in since who knows when. a whopping 10 30. after getting up i checked my email. last night i had sent an email to the bike shop in rottweil that if i could exchange the tires i could come today. the email said ok, so i quick made some chocolate pancakes ate them and was off to rottweil. an hour an a half later i was at the shop (fahrrad kaiser.) luckily the guy who originally sold me the tires was there, so i did not have to explain anything at all. they were all out of red, so that was unfourtunatley not an option, it looked pretty cool. so it was between black, brown, blue, or pink. black is boring, everyone has it, brown was ugly, and i dont have any blue in my bike. i asked if i could exchange both tires, thus making things match, i was able to and now i have pink tires. ha. it actually does not look to bad. and it is for sure different.
then i also showed them my crank, they were smart enough to get it off. and did so, a quick clean and put it back on nice and tight. wahoo. the whole deal cost me nothing! supposedly there was a price difference in the tires, but last time we were told there was not (the red were more expensive), but i also remeber that Leo said something and we got them for cheaper than retail. so really there was no loss. but one of the guys just counted the "difference" for the labor time i took up.
as soon as i left and biked back towards the train station i could feel the difference. much better. nice and solid once again.

pretty in pink, with rottweils towers behind.
i had an hour till my train left. and would have liked to meet up with the Bühlers, but my cell phone is out of money. no calling. so that did not work. but i bike a bit in the city and went to my train. back to konstanz. grocery store. home. i decided to try for my carribean cuisne tonight. i looked up a reciepe online and i think i did it right. if not who cares. whatever spice i created for my pork was good.

also i found out today that the plans for me and another to race both sunday and monday are going to work. so two races there. im interested to see how ill hold up. because of this i decided that with the ammount of commuting on the bike today, ill be fine with taking an active rest day. the only problem with the races is i have to get up at 4 A.M. both mornings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pink is good, too, but I'll keep showing my picture of you with your red tires to my friends. Joe T had his grad open house today, lots of people asked about studies and biking in Germany. Have a good weekend of racing and recovery.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»