17 July, 2007

Back in the game.

For the last two weeks or so my legs have just been shot. I am not entirely certain why. I thought it was overtraining, but then realized I was not training all that much, at least not enough to destroy my legs like that. I have come to the conclusion that I was under eating and not sleeping enough. This weekend I ate a lot and slept a decent amount. It is just hard to sleep because I get up so stinking early every weekday (5) to go ride around in a motorboat and yell at highschoolers. It really takes it out of you. Anyways whad ya know. Today was the first day since my Biopsy that I actually felt good. Finally.
Since I felt good it was off to do some hills for fun and games. I went out towards west Duluth, there are some nice hills out there. Good roads, long steep grades, a switchback. I did one hill (40th Ave. W and Haines) 3 times, this is the hill with the switchback, I had forgotten how much fun they are, and I just did one. The first was 11:17, the next time I flatted the second time and with time stopped during the fix it was 12:30. The 3rd time I went hard and got it down to 10:30. The hill is 3.55 km long and starts easy, kicks up real fast into the switchback and stays steep for a couple hundred meters then levels off just a bit for the last 1.5 km or so. It is a great hill.
After that I went one hill west. Longer at 5.5 km but not nearly as steep or hard. I just went up that, not particularly hard.
The final big climb of the day started with Lake Ave. A nice 3:40 for a new record. Then continuing on up to the heavens on Rice Lake Rd.
A good ride finally. Total time of the ride was 3:10 plus my 50 minute commute this morning puts me at 4hrs.

In other news I forgot to mention last week I got new shoes. They are real nice.


The white ones

Also I was planning on going to Superweek at the beginning of summer. But it is just to damn far to drive. I'll be doing the Tour of Granite County this weekend then. It could possibly be my last racing until cross season starts. Just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Tone Coughlin said...

Copy cat.