12 July, 2007

On my feet or my seat.

It's been a busy week or so with quite a few interesting events.
It all started on Sunday with the Hopkins crit. I was planning on going down myself since the Ski Hut guys never got back to me. At 6 A.M. I got a call from one saying, there are 3 of us that want to go down too.
So it was off to Hopkins with a full car. We got down there and it was hot and humid. The course was totally flat and really fast. Eventually after watching all the races I was ready to go and race myself. I got a good warm up in, and lined up. As we were lining up there was a large cloud rolling in. We started despite, 2 laps (3 min) later the officials were out in the course blowing the whistles. Everyone was pulled off the course and minutes later pouring rain, hail, lightning and wind. A nice severe thunderstorm. Eventually the race was simply canceled, and it was time to go.
Monday After rowing I took off on a 3 hour bike. For the middle hour I did motorpacing on one of the streets in Duluth. I found a few nice people who would keep the speed even and I was able to get on them. There were lots of not nice people who would floor it and go around me. No chance to get on.
I was shot after that.
Tuesday I did an easy ride and my legs were shot. Also Tuesday was crazy windy. Gusts up to 63 mph. Fun riding...really. The power was out (according to the paper) to 20,000 houses in Duluth. I had a dentist appt. and during it, while my mouth was numb the power went out. Lucky me.
Today was also windy. Not nearly as much though.
In time not spent riding, I've been working at the rowing club doing all kinds of things. Then as soon as I am done with that its off to the Lunds to watch Le Tour (with Caroline). Then back to bed.
I've also been riding my bike as much as possible instead of driving. It adds about 2 hours of riding per day.
With all the moving combined, I am just exhusted. Legs, body, and mind. Thus I need to go sleeping...

No comments: