01 November, 2006

crazy weather

So yesterday Finn, Brandon and I went out for a 2 hour road ride. It was about 68 degrees or so at departure time, with a medium south wind, a great day to ride. We had a headwind going out, and eventually we turned getting a cross wind. Then a tail wind. At one point about an hour 20 into the ride we were cruising with a tailwind, just coasting along. Out of nowhere, the wind did a 90 degree turn, picked up 15 mph, and the temp dropped a good 5 or 10 degrees, instantly. It was crazy, and unfourtunatley we had to turn into this sudden wind almost right after it hit. Upon returning to the house 2 hours after leaving the temp was 15 degrees colder, and the wind totally different.

Today was really cold and windy all day, the opposite of yesterday. Nevertheless, Sean called me at 1:30 (when he was supposed to show up at my house) saying he was in Fairbault at the shop. He wanted me to meet him halfway, so I took off with what I thought was a tailwind, it was definatley not. So I then rode into the wind for 40 minutes before we met, it was hard. We got back to Northfield in about 20 minutes...It made it worth it, since Sean was carrying my new leg warmers (no more wool). Once back to Olaf we did the course, or most of it, 2 times hard, I only felt crappy on the run up. I had no trouble holding his wheel for those 2 laps, except on the decent where I hit a rock and thought I had a flat. Hopefully that is what this weekend will be.

Speaking of this weekend, I am getting pretty excited. Hopefully a whole bunch of people will show up and it will be a grand old time. The course just keeps getting better everytime I ride it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are gonna be tough on the course....nothing like having it out your backdoor and running it a thousand times, eh? Looking forward to being there on Saturday as well for the State CC Meet.....3 Z-M runners will be competing. See you Sunday for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hah.. A little wind and you are complaining? :) Check this out: www.larsfm.net It's about 80 centimeters (2,7 feet) of snow here right now, and more is coming.. The biking season is definitively over. At least the conditions for xc-skiing is perfect.