20 November, 2006

west yellowstone

After a fast 16 hour drive, oh how I love Montana highways . We, the ski team, made it to West Yellowstone, MT. On the way out we listened to a bit of A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson. He told us how Yellowstone is actually a giant volcanoe and if it blows up (which it is 30,000 years over due) everything within 1000 km will be annihilated. Comforting...
Anyways after getting settled in it was out on the first ski since last Feburary. I'm so dedicated.
It was actually pretty good. A nice 90 min. or so. It took a while to get the heart going again after my week off, but once it did I was set. Then an early bed, early morning, and then a total of 4 hours of skiing today. I'm feeling pretty good for not having skied for so long. And the mountains area always fun to ski in.
I was able to smuggle my bike along, so tomorrow if the roads are not to icy or to deep of snow, I will bike the 28 miles into the park and visit Old Faithful. Hopefully that will work out. If so I'll get some pictures going.

No comments: