30 November, 2006

It's only as cold as you dress

Yesterdays high temp. 56 F, with thunder storms and light wind. Todays high temp 26 F with strong wind, so with the windchill it was 12 I believe ???? What wierd weather...
Yesterday I did homework from 1 until 10. pretty much non-stop. It sucked, needless to say I did not go biking. Today I decided to go biking (even though the ski season has started, I'm thinking the no snow no go approach is going to be the plan).
I walked out of my door this morning and thought I was going to die it was so cold, but as the day wore on I got more and more antsy. I did not want a repeat of yesterday. So I suited up in lots of clothes as to not freeze my ass off. I was a bit cold during the ride, but definatley not unbearable like I have been on cold rides in the past. I took off into to the first, so that was what was cold. Once going with it I was great. I stayed out for a total of two hours, at the end of which my toes were getting pretty cold, also my fingers since my gloves are holy...

Suited up for the cold, and the duct tape patch is key...
started getting frosty.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.. That's hilarious! :) If it's that cold, why aren't the roads icy? Talking about weird weather: it has been the warmest November ever recorded here in Norway.. All the snow is gone.. :( And in the south, the flowers are blooming.. Too all you americans: stop driving around in your stupid SUVs and talk your politicians into signing the Kyoto Agreement... tsk. tsk. :P

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear others are still cranking truth...I put in a cold 30 yesterday too. I finally invested in some Lake MXZ 301's and the feet have never been so warm..."I highly recommend it if you have the means" as Ferris Bueller was once quoted.
Anyway, hope to ski with you sometime in the near future but for now......