21 August, 2007

Bikes and Beer

This past weekend I attended Trek Worlds down in Madison. Trek gives anyone who carries Trek in their shop to come and see all the new products, eat good food, drink free beer, and visit the factory. Usually the new bikes are available for demoing, but because of the rain they canceled the demo just for my group. Lucky me.
Anyway, it was a good weekend. I got to look at all the new stuff Trek and bontrager (and any company affiliated with them) have out now. To bad I dont have any money to buy a couple of those fancy bikes. I guess I'll just keep plugin away with mine. However, I am pretty sure I will be getting a powertap. If I am training as much as I am currently, I should probably do it right as to not hurt myself. All I have to do is suck it up and dish out the cash...

Other than that the big new is that summer is officially over up here in the arctic. Last week it started. Two weeks ago the high temps were 85 or so, and cooling off down to higher 50s at night. Last week up until Wednesday it was down to 75 as a high and low 50s at night. Then by the end of the week highs were less than 70 dropping to mid 40s. One evening last week I walked out of the house and smelled fall. Today the high was 62 with a 25 mph wind off the lake...
Which brings me to my next topic, along with a strong lake wind. Comes large waves on Park Point. These large waves are really fun to play in. Last year a friend and I took out the lazer (14 foot sailboat) in 14 foot waves. Todays waves were 5-7 feet I heard. Unfortunately we were low on time, thus could not sail. However, I did go surfing for the first time in my life. It was quite fun, I was able to stand up on the board. Sadly, most of the time, right after standing the wave would die and I would fall in. Even with all the surface water being pushed in the lake was still really quite cold. I only laster about 20 minutes with a 3/4 body wet suit on. On my way to the car a lady asked if she could have her son take a picture with me. Ha!
I forgot to mention that riding in Madison I got no cramps. Upon my return home (yesterday) I got pretty bad cramps when I rode. I tried to get them out, but only dulled them a bit. I ran this morning on the beach and cramped up in strange places. No fun. Then I hit it hard on todays ride and managed to get rid of most of them. But now my legs are more tired than they should be. Damn Cramps. I called Mayo after that, they have not looked into my case yet....

1 comment:

Large Falling Icicles said...

Fiber Milassia? Or mabe its mental?