01 August, 2007

Way up North..

Where border rules don't matter and there is no news of doping (which it appears they all did dope now)!

I just got back from a nice trip in the Boundary Waters. It was great, I really love leaving civilization behind and going off into the woods. No news, no phones, just rocks, trees, and water.
Our route took us along the US-Canadian border for quite some time. It was my chance to get out of the country this year, so I took multiple excursions off into the Canadian wilderness. Good times. Other than the trip being really enjoyable, it was made even more enjoyable by the absence of cramps. I felt them coming on lightly on some portages, but never lasting.
Today when I got home I had a bit of energy so I got in the saddle again for the first time in a week and a half. And again, no cramps. Good deal. The ride felt great, nice and hot out. I also had lots of bounce in my legs, but I could tell the top gears are gone now. It will take a bit of work to get back up. But it was a much needed week.5 off.
Here are a few photos from the woods...

Up I go
Fearless four
Into the abyss
This is how you keep beer cold up yonder.
flying food.
A giant fish.

1 comment:

Tone Coughlin said...

Thanks for riding with us yesterday, a true teammate through and through.

How did the muscle test come out?