11 August, 2007

Pain be gone.

For awhile now I have been getting pretty bad hot foot. I don't remember it much from before getting new shoes, but can't say it was not there. Im told the stiffer shoe will cause a more noticeable pain because the foot won't move around as much. Anyway like I mentioned before I was messing around with cleat position and all. Nothing seemed to be helping relieve the pain. Whitey at Ski Hut and some others eventually figured out that it may be because the crank-bro pedals have to small a platform. It was concentrating to much pressure on the ball of my foot. So today I switched back to my old looks to see if the bigger platform would help. It for sure did. My feet hardly burned at all. Finally! Next week I am going to try out some different types of pedals to see which work best.
Also I finally got the seat height exactly right. No knee pain anymore either. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of my upper back pain...

2 comments:

Large Falling Icicles said...

I have had that problem on long training rides and longer road races. I usually loosen or undue my shoestraps or just unclip to relieve the pressure. At the Superweek classic, I felt this but when the pace would go up, it went numb. If it goes numb with hard effort its not a problem at all!

Large Falling Icicles said...

On 2nd thought, thats prolly cause I never where socks!!