21 September, 2007

Colds, cramps, cross and homework...

The title pretty much somes up what has been happening lightly. Last Friday morning I woke with a light tickle in the throat, thought nothing of it and thus went hard on the bike. Not a good idea, Saturday I woke up with a sore throat and stuff nose. Sunday was worse. Monday was better, so I did a few hard hills, thus giving the cold another chance. Damn, that was dumb. Tuesday hurt a bit, then it started tapering off more. Today was insanely easy so hopefully tomorrow I will finally feel good again.
A large population of Oles are sick, so I know where I got it from. But usually my immune system can kick the common campus colds. I guess training was to hard?

Along with this cold I have had some death cramps. The first was just randomly (not that the other dont) started on a recent ride. It was concentrated and contained to the numb spot on my right leg from surgery. Just as random as it started it went away. Yesterday, I was riding out of Faribault and got on my seat a bit weird. This somehow caused a cramp that lasted for a good hour. Then today riding in the Arb, again for no reason my left leg started doing the classic death cramp. Not cool, I dont know why they are happening now. Ive been riding everyday, and except for Monday all easy.
In other news, I finally got an appt. at the Mayo.

Cross riding is all Sean and I have been doing. Lots of trail and gravel. Yesterday I went out early, thus by solo. I was only planning on going to the shop and back, but due to there being no wind I just kept going and ended up with 3.5. I rode some new gravel, always exciting. Anyways, this weekend is supposed to be the first cross race of the year. I really want to do it, but if I feel like I do now, there is not much point....

Other then riding bikes, all I have time for is homework. The professors are really piling it on these days. I don't really get it, I am in the same level classes (if not easier) as last year, but am doing much more work. Not fun. But at least some of it is interesting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be mental.

Sean Noonan said...

学习!

Large Falling Icicles said...

Have you though about announcing your retirement? The MN State Cyclocrosss could be your last race.

Anonymous said...

Rich, go to bed and get off the computer. Jake doesn't like you.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of cross. I have some pictures of you from Pork Chop on Sunday. Do you want them?

Large Falling Icicles said...

wow I should google myself more often.