27 September, 2007

Hittin it hard

After being completely shot in class today I decided to take a short nap. nearly 2 hours later I woke up and it was time to go ride bikes. I cruised on over to Carleton to get Sean. From there we cruised on out to Big Woods State park going pretty hard up some of the hills. My legs were still asleep at the start, but soon enough they were ready to go. We then did 2 of the big laps (somewhere around 20 min each), the second was race pace. It felt pretty good to kick it in again. After that we cruised around on a shorter lap then headed back out on to the road heading into Nerstrand. That means a town line, which in turn means a sprint. So off we went I was leading it out and as Sean was throwing it down I stood up and went full bore 1165 watts to be more exact, a blink of an eye later my chain skipped and then things got interesting. My feet both unclipped, and I did some pavement skiing, then that stopped and I proceeded to smash my elbow, ass, and head on my left side into the blacktop, while my front tire ripped skin of my right leg twice. Shortly after that I was sitting in the shoulder wondering what the hell just happened. After a few minutes of recovery, it was up an at em again. As I recently have had no desire to ride on pavement lightly, (and crashing did not change that) and the fact that I had a large whole in my shorts, I said we should take gravel back. So we had a nice easy cruise back to town. For the Northfield town line I lead Sean out, while in top gear my chain was skipping, I am pretty sure that is what caused the crash.
We then met up with some of Seans friends and cruised for another 30 min. All in all it was a 3 hr 10 min ride, and I hit it hard in multiple ways...

Dazed.
Tire burns
Did not quite make the line
Back on the road again

1 comment:

Sean Noonan said...

you stole my pictures