03 September, 2007

Days 3 and 4

Yesterday was the "Tour of Washington Ave." The course was right on the edge of downtown St. Louis in an area where they are remodeling a bunch of old buildings into new apartments. The loop started at the top of a longish low gradient hill, went down for two corners then up the backside which was also a long not steep hill, back down for 2 corners and back up to this finish. The hills were not hard enough to split things up, but hard enough to make it hurt.
I had decent position most of the race. A few time I made it right up near the front. With about 10 laps left I was right where I wanted to be, then all of a sudden I was 50 back and could not move up. Oh well, at least I finished unlike Sean. Ha!

The course

The fans are always a good time
Fun on the corners

This evening was the "Giro Della Montagna." It was in the Italian section of town called The Hill. The course was not really hilly, but it did have a nice long hill, one side of the course was up, the other down.
The race was going well until about 20 minutes to go. I was in good position and all, I took a shot of Hammer Gel from one of the refillable containers since that is all I have left. My throat really did not like it and for the last bit of the race I had the coughs. It sucked. I finished again in the 40s or so. Nothing special. Hopefully I'll find some pictures.

Tomorrow is the last stage, and my legs feel great right now. Hopefully that will carry through the night, and I'll be strong tomorrow.

No comments: