12 July, 2006

it's goin

This morning was my last day of speaking class. very nice to have one out of the way, i gave the prof. the forms i need to have filled out to get credit at olaf and i pick them up tomorrow. witch hunting was not to fun. the real prof. was gone and for some reason they use subs here. so he asked a lot of questions and the room was hot, and i am done with my papers for it. so basically worthless for me to be there for exactly an hour an a half (thats how long the classes are).

after class i was really hungry, and needed to go biking. so i ate a banana and my left over mashed potatoes from last night (which came back to haunt me). thunder clouds were building in the distance so i decided to go soon after eating. my throat was all good today so i decided to do some intensity. most of the intenseness ended up going up, which was just fine for my legs. but the potatoes were fighting hard to see light again. luckily i managed to keep them down the whole time. today i did the "new" loop i figured out the other week, with a bit added on. on the top fun road some new gravel had been put down for some reason. i enjoy riding on gravel so i went on it of course, it only lasted a few hundered meters. i guess thats ok since it becomes a curvy downhill soon after. after that i finished up intervals then decided to take a new way home, it was a nice little road that went through some tiny villages. i think the houses were just numbered 1-a few since i only saw one road. kinda funny. after a bit i found a trail id ridden before. being in the mood for gravel still i took it. it was nice. then i popped out at the top of a nice decent right into my border crossing. oh i forgot to mention this is all in the land of the swiss. on the final decent i was able to look out across the lake and it looked like some big thunderstorms were going to hit very soon. but somehow they missed. oh well.

once home i watched the end of the tour stage, a new yellow jersey today. then wrote some paper. then had a nice german dinner of späztle with pork and sauce. the secret to späztle is to buy the stuff thats not dehydrated. just though it in a fry pan to warm up and horray! now its back to the paper which has almost 1200 more words then it did last night at this time. its goin pretty fast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old and new, greenhouse gases

Yesterday was reduce greenhouse day. I took the steel frame really "old" Trek, now city bike (complete with fenders and a rack)to work. The day was just conferencing at the main building. On the way home, up the hill, I visited Boreal Bike shop which I never have seen before. He does lots of repair and seems like a sweet guy. The shop is crowded and old bikes and new bikes share the space.
Once home, I set off on an adventure. Be prepared is the motto of the boy scouts and I was not well prepared for the 15 miles back last night from Martin and the LaVaque. On the way out, the wind was just fine with an even 23 MPH for road speed on the "old" Trek, not the city bike. Now turn around and then the wind which I'm certain had changed direction zapped my strength until the black bear passed in front of me. A Suburban driver slowed down, perhaps to help in a bear attack, then with a frank realization I knew, he was after the bike if I went down. Maybe I should have stayed on the city bike.