11 May, 2007

2nd

to last...
But at least not last.
That is where we finished in the TTT down here at KS for nationals.
It was a 12 mile course which we covered in 26:38 I beleive, I think that is an average of around 27 mph. The winner was about 3 minutes ahead of us.
I guess that is how things usually go in the TTT. This year at conference we were always 4th by about a minute. The U of M is down here as well and we were 30 seconds of them instead of the usual minute and a half or so.
Even though we did not do nearly as well as I had hoped, I am very happy. Today I was "death cramp" free. It was great. My legs felt strong, and that showed during the race. I did a couple of things different. One being that instead of the usual pre-ride training which is easy with some sprinting, I only went easy. Then once we got down here, I went out again with mostly easy and a couple sprints. Other than that the only thing I did different was to drive the whole way.

Anyway, tomorrow is the road race. 84 miles of fun. Due to the flooding down here they had to reroute the course. We get to do some gravel now, good deal.

Getting lectured, in the new kits.
Finishing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who cares where you place when your team looks THAT GOOD!!! Great job on the kits Jake!

And nice finishing on the TTT. I hope the RR and Crit go REALLY well.

Us folks back home are dying to know how it all turns out.