08 May, 2007

Sounds of Silence

The orchestra has finally been disbanded. When I am riding I no longer have to listen to its awful music...
The orchestra consisted of my pedals, my bottom bracket, and my rear wheel. All wanted to be heard over the other so they all kept getting louder. The first thing I replaced was


That helped dampen the deafening roar emitted from my bike, but there was still lots of noise.
I then replaced my old pedals with
I see they have pink, I shoulda ordered those
Oh well. If they are under my feet no one should see them anyhow.
However there was still a lot of annoying noise. One problem was that my spokes on my back wheel were really dirty which made a tinking noise. That was no problem to remedy. Then recently my bike has been making an awful creaking noise (which I thought was bottom bracket). Turns out it was not, Ben looked over my bike yesterday at the house and found nothing wrong. So he took it to the shop. Apparently all that was wrong is that the rear wheel was not on tight enough, so the bearings were being torqued in weird ways causing a creak. So today I rode my bike in complete silence for the first time in a long while. It was amazing.

I also found some good corners to practice on. I clipped the ground once with my pedal. I still need lots of cornering work though.

I also sold the only left over jersey today. I also found out what the Olaf jerseys looked like in the early 90's. If only that were still in style...

2 comments:

Sean Noonan said...

where can i get one?

Anonymous said...

Can't have mine! :)
If you can track down some of the other riders at the time, they were:
Eric Peterson, Eric Larson, Mike Olson, Eric Sahly, Peder Morse, Nicolien VanGiffen, Jamie Hansen, Jim Young, Liam O'Fallon, Andy Nestigen, and Monica Peters, possibly Marc LeVecchi and Dan Hawkins too; all graduating around 91-93 ish timeframe... Who knows? Maybe someone will part with theirs?

Fun years...
Wish I had all that time in the day back to just bop out for a quick 40 miler.

Anyhoo--they were bright jerseys--it was fun to see us all in a pack--but not very strategic for staying off the front...pretty easy to spot that neon, i don't care HOW far back the pack was. :)