18 May, 2007

Paying homage to the gravel gods

But first off. I am now done, horray! No more school for a few months. What a great start to the day. Also I kicked my last finals a??, which is always a good feeling.

Also, thanks to sick boy Brandon on the way back from KS, I too came down with a nasty little cold. I played it smart and took a day off and went really easy besides that. I am feeling much better, I should even be able to race this weekend.

Today I started out riding with Sarah on the Olaf tri-loop which is this coming Sunday. I am doing it, should be interesting. I have not swam since last summer, or for that matter run at all recently either. After that I cruised off into the wind towards Faribault. I got there a bit earlier then I wanted so I did some laps in the cemetery, while doing that I got another flat. I must have pissed off the wheel gods recently as well. Three flats in less than a week, I had gone for a quite some time before Saturday. Oh well, maybe 3rd time will be the end for awhile. It is a fact that flats come in waves...
I fixed that up, and right as I was rolling in Ben was closing the shop for the day. Luckily I got there in time and pumped my tire up to proper PSI. I was debating on whether riding gravel without backup gear was a good idea, I decided that if I needed I could con someone into finding me if I flatted again.
It was great to get back on the gravel around here, I found my favorite road from the cross season. It was better than I remembered with the green and all, so nice. I just cruised around in the gravel for about an hour and then it was just through town to get to home. It was simply a good ride, made even more so by the fact that it was the first ride of SUMMER!

This is what one can do when the gravel Gods are happy with you.
This is what happens when the gravel gods are unhappy...

2 comments:

chris hansen said...

look at that cool white shirt your wearing oh....wait...thats not a shirt at all. lol sorry to hear bout the blow outs. should of done the 21 thing.

Anonymous said...

1.5 miles/lap x 3 laps = 4.5 miles...ok, so i was off by just a little