02 June, 2007

Bugs and black trees

Dad and I went up to the Boundary Waters for a few day, we got back yesterday. Here are a few photos.

dinner
Calm water
Portage through fire area
more fire

I mentioned bugs as well, because there were quite a few. I honed my mosquito killing techniques, beware!
It was a good trip, besides the bugs. Caught plenty of fish, heard the loons. Good times.

I did not ride for a few days in there, so no surprise I got death cramps while on a few of the portages, I have been fed up with these cramps for awhile. But this is just plain dumb, I can't take days off because I'll cramp up and then expend more energy getting over the cramp then I did from taking a day off. I also can't take days off to do anything else. I love the bike, but I don't want to be a slave to it.
Right when I got home from the BW I went out on a ride with the goal of cramping. I did so in order to get some blood tests done while cramping. I succeeded, after getting blood drawn I went out and rode for 2.5 hours to make it a total of 3.
Tomorrow it is off to the Capitol Crit. Should be a good time, hopefully my upgrade went through, then I don't have to get up so early!

No comments: