18 June, 2007

Congratulations

to Dave Langely and crew for completing the 200 mile slog from fields to fish (Zumbrota to Duluth) today.

Also congratulations to mother who finished her 13th half marathon yesterday. That is more then I will ever do!

Other than that fun news, not much has been happening. I had my MRI for my legs the other day, I fell asleep during it. A good nap it was. I finished up my second over 20 hours of training during the week week today. Now I'll tone it down a few so I can race fast this weekend (finally). And finally I just set my new record time for Lake Ave. hill climb here in Duluth. Today was 20 seconds faster then my time earlier this week somehow. It is now 3:47. Short and hard. I am confident I can get under 3:40, and hopefully under 3:30 sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton, Jake, for meeting us with Mark for the final miles....it would have been tough to find the route onto the Bong Bridge without you assistance and support. Both Dave D. and Bryan also wish to extend their heartfelt thanks for your kind kind hospitality and inspiration in those closing miles....back-to-back sub-5 hour centuries...I think we'll let that record stand rather than trying to shave 20 seconds here or a minute there. ha