04 June, 2007

Capitol Crit

Today was the State Champ crit in St. Paul. It was a great course right down in front of the Capitol building. Very cool.

4/5's heading towards the line
The other way

I got my upgrade last week, so I could do the 1/2 race. It was well worth it too. The race was a great time, nice and fast with lots of attacks and good racers. There was only one crash, which was a really bad one, but that was because a metal barrier was moved out into the field somehow. Tone, from Duluth (my breakaway partner from last weekend ) went right into it. He broke a couple of bones in his arm and got pretty banged up. It was bad enough that the race was neutralized. I've never had that happen before. When the crash happened Sean, a Flanders guy, and I were off the front, very lucky. When the race finally did start up again we got a few second head start. It was pretty entertaining.
The race went well for me, I got in a break as I mentioned above, and had some time on the front pulling back some breaks. Maybe some pictures will surface sometime soon. But it was a fun race, a bit short at only 55 minutes of racing. But nevertheless quite fun.
After the race I went over and hung out with Sean and the Grand Stay team. Dan Casper had his firefighting gear with, so we were bike riders from the apocalypse. Good times...

No comments: