28 June, 2007

Enough already

Yesterday I got back on the bike after 2 days off from the biopsy. I knew it was going to be painful because while I was doing some work down at the boat house I started getting cramps. The only way I know how to get ride of them is to ride them out. So that is what I set out to do. I failed miserably. It took me 20 minutes to get to a place that should usually take 5. My heart rate was at 150 (out or 197 or so) going 15 km/h up a shallow incline. At the top I could not take the pain and collapsed on a side street. I sat the for a bit then tired again, still intense pain. Then again and again and again. I wanted to do an hour at least, so I just kept trying to push through the pain. It was the most painful hour of my life thus far. right around the hour mark I was able to move a bit, I thought I had achieved victory so I started heading back out. Shortly following I got hit with another attack and did whatever it took to get home.
When I woke up this morning my legs were still tight, but not nearly as bad as they had been. I thought maybe today I will be ok, since the cramps have never lasted more than one day at full intensity. But again at rowing, while simply walking around the boat house I cramped up.
As soon as I got home I got ready for my ride and went. I made it about 100 meters before being slammed by cramps just as bad as yesterday. So more stopping and starting it was. Again for another hour and 15. For some reason my right leg almost relaxed for a bit, I was riding with only it for a while since my left didn't work. I thought I was halfway there (getting rid of cramps), but of course my leg was just toying with my and it cramped up again.
Another of the most painful hours of my life.
I am just so sick of this, all this pain after 2 days off the bike. What the hell...it is just ridiculous and really needs to stop. Even if the muscle biopsy does figure out what is wrong with me, and prove that I do have metabolic myopathy or some other dumb thing, who knows if it is even treatable.
I don't even know if I will be able to race on the 4th. It is less that a week away and at this rate I will still have cramps. My plans to go to Super week might also not work, there is not point in going if after 4 hours in a car I cramp up real bad.
I am just so sick of all this.....

1 comment:

Large Falling Icicles said...

I noticed your blog on the Northfield Crit blog. Hope your cramps go away. Hope to see you back on the Sprint ride in a couple weeks. Mabe you just need a couple weeks off? Hope the race is somewhat of a success, there was lots of people there last yr...