25 June, 2007

My first stiches

I forgot to mention in yesterdays post that my muscle biopsy was this morning. I got to sleep in until 7:30 and then went and got chunks of muscles cut out. Hopefully that will tell me what is wrong with me.
It was an interesting experience, I think the doc. did not wait long enough to cut into my leg the first time after giving me the shot. It hurt. When he started cutting out the muscle my other muscles would contract, very strange feeling. I could also hear the tissue being cut. Ha. Very pleasant.
Anyway other than some pricks and muscle spasms it went well. While he was stitching me up I looked at the chunks he took out. They were not very big, but big enough to leave a hole. I took some pictures when I got home, don't worry, the samples removed were no where near as big as my incision.
The doc. said that I can return to normal activity tomorrow. But should take it a bit easy this week on the bike. That is fine with me, my legs need a bit of rest.

Don't look at the pictures if you don't like blood and bright white skin!

No comments: