29 March, 2008

Bike racin!

Today the racing season finally started. It has been a while since I have raced, and the first race of the season is always a party.
Anyhow, today was stage 1 of the three stage Tucson Bicycle Classic. A 3 mile TT on a fun little road (see profile below).
Earlier this morning, we (Sean, Nate and I) rode the Road Race course for tomorrow, and the TT course. Then after a quick lunch it was back to the course.
It got warm, and the wind switched to an always pleasant headwind just in time for the start. I felt pretty good for most of the trial, the last bit hurt a lot for how slow I was going, but it is early in the season. I know now that I have to work on shorter intervals, my base is good. Time to hit it hard.

Road signs were in KM for a short time.
We found an orange tree. Luckily for us some old lady said, "you know ya can't eat those, they will give you the shits from hell." That would cause problems for bike racing.
I tried hard. LSCC today St. Olaf tomorrow, I like to confuse people.
Power tap comparison. Sean likes to take lots of worthless pictures. This is just a sample

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look very sexy in that LSCC kit.

Shawn