23 March, 2008

The Shoot Out

shot me out the back hard...
This morning we woke up before dawn to catch the shoot out ride.
There were a whole ton of people, I heard estimates of 200 or so. Everything was going well for a little while, then I really had to pee. I saw a red light up ahead and took action. Worse timing ever. The light is where the ride picks up, after a long pee I chased hard, got tired, then got caught by a group of fast guys who pulled me back to the group. However, it was to little to late. I spent the next 10 min yo yoing off the back then just could not hold it. I found groups along the way and still went pretty hard. It was a good time.
After the ride I met up with Sean who had leg problems early on and turned home. We rode around 40 more km and I finished my first century of the year in 5 hours and 50 seconds.
Then it was grocery store, happy hour, and mini golf...

Sean fell asleep on the way to the ride.
Waiting for a train.
Gosh, that was hard...Home for the week.Sean and his chocolate chip tuna pancake.
I handily destroyed him in mini golf.

No comments: