09 March, 2008

Halb Marathon

Yesterday was the first, and probably last, "It's too cold to ride bikes so lets run a half marathon, Half Marathon."
The title pretty much sums it up. It was cold. Sean and I needed to do something, so hey, why not go for a nice little run.
Instead of pulling the usual marathon start time, we waited around until the much more agreeable hour of 2. Off we went on our merry way, running a loop that we often ride. It is quite a hilly loop for a longer run like that, but it was fun. Around halfway we started picking it up a bit more, slowly faster and faster. I was feeling great, so coming into the last 3 miles or so I picked it up again, I was still feeling great so I just kept picking it up. The last half mile I just about sprinted.
It was quite an enjoyable run, and I am really pleased with how my body handled it. I remember half marathons being much harder then that. Nearly dying after 10 or so miles. I guess this just goes to show how fit I am not compared to in high school.
After eating a bit and drinking some, I went out and measured the course with the car. It was just over 12.9 miles. So the sub 1:40 I thought I got was not true. Gotta tack 45 seconds or so on to my final time (don't worry, I did a cool down trot so I for sure had over 13.1 miles). Anyhow, with the extra 45 seconds my time was 1:40:17.
My time for the Half Marathon in Duluth in 2004 was 1:45:36
in 2003 it was 1:45:22
I can't find the time for 2002, but I remember it being slower then those above.

Grandma's course is much easier then the one we ran. So I am quite pleased. I like being in shape...

After the run my legs were a little sore, but not bad. I woke up this morning and felt great, like I did not even run yesterday. During lunch I got a call from The Ghost to come join him and Linda on a nice little ride. So I tagged along with them for a bit, then had to come home and work. Tomorrow it will finally get nice, so it is time to put in some good hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.