30 January, 2007

Attack of the bird

So there I am this morning, sitting at the kitchen table enjoying a nice bowl of tootie fruities. Then all of a sudden I hear some fluttering and a bird flies right past my head. This was very confusing since all the doors and windows were closed. I have no idea how it got in the house, maybe it was a phantom bird. But it sure was. The dogs did not notice it until it flew through the kitchen either. And of course they went crazy when they saw it. Quite entertaining, bark bark bark, chirp, barkbark, chirp, and so on it went. It took me a bit to figure out how to catch it, but I decided a plastic garbage can would be best. So I chased it around for a bit before catching it. Then let it fly away into the negative degree weather. I think that is why it came in. Maybe it felt the heat by the dog door and somehow found the strength to push through it, but not out.
When it was sitting on the window sill it was kinda cool because I could see its breath fog up the window. I did not know they had that much breath.

Chillin'
trying to fly.

No comments: