22 January, 2007

Warmest ever

weekend at Mt. Itasca. Usually the temp never gets above 0 when we are racing up there. This weekend it was a very warm 20 something. Very different, but anyways the races:
Saturday was a 10 k classic (it was supposed to be a skate), since the snow is a little low we did the smaller 2.5 km loop, not the 5km loop. This made me very happy, since the 5 km loop goes to the from the bottom of a downhill run, to the to and beyond. The smaller loop only half way up. The race went pretty well, we nailed to wax which makes racing lots more fun. I felt good almost the whole race, just a few times my back and foot hurt. In the end I ended up 2 seconds behind Nels. Pretty good seeing that last week was my first whole week on snow this year.
The best part about the race is that less then 5 seconds before I started I sold an Olaf hat to the starter. He said "um ya ya"
I said "wanna buy a hat"
"yes"
"sweet, ill be back"
"3,2,1 go!"
ha, good times.
By the way, hats are still for sale.

Sundays race on the other hand was not so fun, it was skate which for some reason I have always been not as good at. I really wish I could figure it out, but I just can't. I felt great for the first two laps, then I just died. I have no idea what happened. But it was not fun. It was a total of 6 laps, which means 6 times up the big hill. Needless to say I was toast by then end. I am just glad that race is over for the year. wahoo.

This is me being very tired...

No comments: